Monday, October 20, 2008

Did you know that the red pumpkins are called "red octobers?"

Me neither. Every have your elementary school aged son or daughter tell you facts like this one and then ask: "Did you know that, Mom?" What do you say? No - sorry, honey I am not a pumpkinologist. Yes, of course, I do! Or, do you respond like me, "That's is pretty interesting, isn't it? Hoping he will not push it further and I will not have to admit I, in fact, do not know this. I also hope to avoid the question: "How come you didn't tell me that before?" It is amazing how these little minds absorb so much. It is definitely something to be celebrated! So, why do I keep repeating myself again and again with his almost 3 year old little brother - "Stop... Don't!... You have to listen when Mama is speaking to you"?

No comments: