Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I turned 35 today! At 35 I have a three year old (whom I have affectionately called B2 here) and a 5 year old (who has taken on the moniker B1). Over coffee this morning my dad remarked, "3 and 5 at 35." My Dad was a high school math teacher and although he went on to spend decades in administration and is now a retired principal, numbers are in his heart. [Words are in mine] He went on to explain: "you will never again be 35 with your kids 3 and 5."

This comment came as no surprise. 35 years ago today - at 11:17 pm to be precise - I was born. My Mom was born on the 11th of January and my Dad the 17th of May. Even my younger brother, who would join us almost 4 years later, didn't have his own number -would arrive November 22nd. As if the Jan 22 at 11:17 wasn't enough - the year was 1974 and my Dad's birth year was 1947.

More on words and numbers to come...

No comments: