Friday, July 24, 2009

8 Days until the Canadian Death Race



I am running the 5th leg (22 km) of the Canadian Death Race, coming up in 8 days August 1/2, 2009 in Grande Cache, Alberta. Yeah, that's me - elite, adventure racer! I started training - mostly running - in March and now here we are with about one week until the BIG DAY! DOAD is running the first leg (19 km) and we are bringing B1 and B2 for a family adventure weekend!

8 words to describe how I am feeling about it...
1) excited
2) nervous
3) thrilled
4) challenged
5) curious
6) strong
7) hopeful
8) did I say nervous?

As I embark on the next race/goal/adventure, I continue to think about where my running fits in my life - what it brings to me, my family and my own sense of happiness. What gives you that lift, as a Mom, to bring more to your kids? Tell me about it on my survey - check out the Mothering Contexts Study!

No comments: