Friday, October 9, 2009

How Moms Support Other Moms...

Moms Support Other Moms By...

1. Run together - I find just having a friend who shares my passion for running and mothering makes both more enjoyable.
2. Cry together - Sometimes I need another Mom to empathize when DOAD gets "it," but the it is a little different from a mother's vantage point.
3. Venting
4. Listening
5. Not judging
6. Laughing

On the laughing note, my own Mom is in town visiting this weekend. She and my Dad have spent the day with B2. B2 wants a new winter coat (even though last year's still fits him, he says, "I'm bigger now!" And, he wants a blue one). I planted the seed about him inheriting his big brother's used winter jacket with both of them earlier today. My Mom attempted to promote said hand-me-downs to B2 with "Look at that awesome blue coat." B2 says, "that's not blue, it's black." Back and forth for a moment with, "Sure, it's blue," "No, it's black" and then my son responds rather condescendingly to my Mom:
"I'm not going to argue with you!" This, from a 3 (soon to be 4) year old!

Tell me more about how you get support in your mothering from others moms through the Mothering Contexts Study.

No comments: