Monday, March 15, 2010

(Extra)Ordinary

I have been reading two different books lately that have piqued my intellectual and emotional curiosity. First, The Self Esteem Trap: Raising Confident and Compassionate Kids in an Age of Self-Importance, by Polly Young-Eisendrath. Second, The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life, by Robin Sharma. I have found it hard to put either one of them down, but somehow I have because I am not quite finished either of them! While there are definite connections and parallels - each begins with a very different premise. The former - we are ordinary; the second - be extraordinary!

Today, I listened to a video by Sharma that encouraged 5 principles, that I would welcome comment. check out link here I am intrigued about how they relate to my mothering and other goals/aspirations. These are:

1)Be an Extraordinary Leader
2)Be an Extraordinary Connector (with people)
3)Be an Extraordinary Performer
4)Be an Extraordinary Person
5)Be an Extraordinary Contributor

More to come...

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

How about "Your Children are your Fault" It was suggested that I might like this book and I thought of you:) We are forever looking for the answers to motherhood! Happy reading

qifei2012 said...

Undoubtedly, we will point out that Ms get support and help center in addition to relentless they've each of the vital alternatives so as to help shoppers and then make their lifetime easier by means of coping with the problems inside Microsof company solutions helpfully Microsoft office 2010 download.. This really is several causes of the success of "Help plus Help Microsoft" on the large all over the world Microsoft office 2010. Microsoft Office 2010 Key