Friday, March 7, 2008

Angel Baby

I felt it was finally time (one week passed my D and C) to discuss what happened with our four and a half year old. We sat him down and asked him if he had realized that Mommy has been sad lately. He said, "yeah." Well, I said "the baby that we were planning on having will not be coming to live with us and be a part of our family." "Instead, we are having an angel baby. This one will be a part of our hearts, our guardian angel watching over us in heaven." He said, "I don't want us to have another angel baby, Mommy." Soon thereafter he said "now can I watch the video?" Kids!? At bedtime, though, with tears he asked, "Why did we get an angel baby?"

Earlier today I had a wonderful visit with a few girlfriends that lifted my spirits. I want to pass along a short story one close friend shared with me (she heard it just today on the radio) - though I have taken some literary license.

There was a young woman talking to her mentor.

Her mentor told her that “in the end it will be okay”.

“But what if it isn’t okay” asked the young woman.

“Then you have not arrived at the end” responded her mentor.

Yes, it is going to be okay.

No comments: