Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!... and...

Life is slowly getting back to normal around here after a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. After our few days away skiing we stayed close to home - playing games, reading, sledding and just being together. It was really special.

B2 was in rare form on Christmas Eve, asking: "Was Santa ever a baby?"
I promptly replied: "Yes, of course."

His response? "Well, then, who delivered the presents?"

First thing out of my mind was Santa's Dad!

That seemed to satisfy him.

We actually quite enjoyed that our boys had such imagination and fascination with all the myths of the season, I think because we were realizing just how big they are now (at 6 and 4). Ready for another one!!

We are expecting and thrilled beyond belief. For those who have been following my ongoing saga toward having baby #3, you can appreciate just what a gift this baby is.

I am in my 16th week, due in June!

Took somewhat of a hiatus from the Mothering Contexts Study, as I focused on the anticipation of having a baby. The best way I can put it is: Until I had my ultrasounds, could actually see and hear the baby I didn't believe I was having a baby. I knew I was pregnant, but that hadn't meant I was having a baby before. It feels so good that I could actually BE pregnant again!

Share your stories here!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What wonderful news that you are expecting another baby!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am just absolutely THRILLED for you and your family!!! When I read the wonderful news I yelled out loud "Yay, yay, yay!!!!" How exciting!

I have directed a few more of my friends to your website to fill out the Mothering Contexts survey. Glad you are still accepting more participants.

Anonymous said...

love the idea of santa having a dad:)

kstar said...

Happy New Year