Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do you know if you are listening to your heart?

Doesn't DOAD make it seem so obvious!



I wonder - how do I really know if I am listening to my heart? If I keep questioning if the way I have structured my life (with respect to home, family, work) is the most appropriate, beneficial, promising and significant it could be - is it?

What if?
Is this human nature? Is this one of the costs of motherhood?
Will I keep questioning even if I made different decisions, turn a different direction or veer off the current course.

I'd love to hear from other moms, especially moms who have been presented with the challenge of combining career and motherhood, particularly with babies, who can help me to make sense of this process whereby we choose how to negotiate care-giving responsibilities and career aspiration and/or financial needs.

As I contemplate how my "maternity leave" could play out next year, I desperately want to "listen to my heart," not simply make the most rational, prudent decision. The trouble is knowing or hearing what it is saying!

I checked my email after making this post and found a very applicable note from Zen Habits Take a look - perhaps there are some answers for me here.

No comments: