Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update

1. D.O.A.D (dad of all dads). DOAD has been at work a lot lately. I don't blame him, resent it, or say this to complain. I just find myself answering the question, "Where's Daddy?" a lot more with "He's at work." I notice, though, that the more he is away the more he offers to us when he is home. I am very fortunate to have this amazing man to call my husband.

2. B1 and B2. Let's start with the ugly. Well, that was more for emphasis, there really is no ugly, but there is a lot of confusion! B1 has been frustrating us considerably when it comes to playing hockey. Perhaps I should re-phrase that with at hockey because one of our concerns is that he is out for a figure skate whist his teammates attempt to put a black puck into a red net. It seems like so much comes so easy to him that putting in the effort to learn the new skills involved in participating in hockey doesn't seem necessary to him. What's a (hockey) mom to do? Practice again today... we'll see what happens. B2 has been frustrating us considerably with his insistence on coming into our bed (see post My 2.5 Year Old Won't Stay in Bed). Isn't he 3 now??? How come I have let this continue for so long? Is there something in this I enjoy?

Otherwise, these two gems delight my world and I am grateful each day for getting to be their "Mom," (B1) and "Mama" (B2).

3. Dog. R is back to her bone head self again! And... only $150.00 later! I took her yesterday to our local off leash area and she went crazy running around in the heaps and piles of SNOW. Of course the other dog owners gushed over this gorgeous shrimp of a 4.5 year old golden retriever. Ah... dogs!

4. Work. Professionally, some new and exciting things are coming my way, which I am keen to write about (later). I guess this blog has been more about my mom life lately! More to come soon...

5. Body. Next question.

6. Other. Spent this morning supervising B1 write out Valentines for his Kindergarten class. Very sweet, actually. I asked him if he wanted to put two heart stickers on a couple special (girl) friends (one neighbour and one team mate) and he replied:, "Yes! Ah, no, that would not be fair."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first born will acknowledge no special girls in his life...although he does get a confused / happy / angry look on his face whenever I ask, Who are those 2 little girls who always hug you at school? But still, no special valentines for anyone in his life!

Anonymous said...

This weekend after spending time at one friend's house he actually said on the way home, "I think I would really like to have G and N over at my house AT THE SAME TIME!"

Anonymous said...

This weekend after spending time at one friend's house he actually said on the way home, "I think I would really like to have G and N over at my house AT THE SAME TIME!"

Anonymous said...

I like the "fairness" comment. Your little boy has a big heart and reminds me of his mommy.

Anonymous said...

I like the "fairness" comment. Your little boy has a big heart and reminds me of his mommy.