Monday, September 14, 2009

Guide: 9 More to Go!

I had an amazing interview this afternoon with a remarkable mom. I just read another amazing interview from one participant who completed the on-line survey. They shared the theme of GUIDE.

It's amazing how significant our guidance - both direct and indirect - is in our mothering. I think it is important not only for our children who benefit from the things we teach them, but for our sense of self as mothers and as women.

I recognize that I will not always be able to control where I guide my sons, but I know that (at least for now) they look closely to me to guide them as they navigate their little social worlds; B1 primarily in his Grade One Classroom and B2 at pre-school and within their emerging peer networks.

I hope that when my sons are 10 or 19 they too want to sit on my lap!

Only 9 more surveys to complete to get to 150. Hooray!

Check out the Mothering Contexts Study HERE!.

No comments: