Friday, August 21, 2009

100 Surveys: 100 Things About Me (the first 50)

1. I love being a mom more than anything in the world.

2. The person I adore, admire and aspire to be like most in the world is my husband, DOAD (dad of all dads).

3. I am a writer.

4. I am at my best when I write, speak, teach, think about what I am passionate about.

5. The Mothering Contexts Study in a few short months has rekindled my career goals (please check it out).

6. It both delights and scares me when I see myself in my son (B1).

7. I sometimes worry that I put too much pressure on myself to be the best mother I can be.

8. I love to run.

9. I hate it when things are beyond my control.

10. I live away from my extended family.

11. I have developed close friendships with some incredible women, whom I am honored
to call friends.

12. I love the television show FRIENDS and actually had Friends Parties in university.

13. I've been to Japan, but spent most of my three days there either at the Holiday Inn or the airport.

14. My dearest friend in the world (who joined me in Japan) is expecting her first child.

15. It scares me that my youngest son has no (NONE, NADA, ZILCH, not even a little) fear...especially when I think of him as a teenager!

16. I really do want to change the world.

17. I want to have a mountain retreat (although I was a prairie girl).

18. I used to hate tuna and now that I finally like it, turns out the recommendation is to limit such fish to once a month!

19. I had braces in my thirties.

20. I have never broken a bone.

21. 20 is not completely true... does cartilage count? I broke my nose (actually the person who threw the baseball broke it)

22. I have always liked the number 22, since my birthday is January 22nd.

23. That's a cusp zodiac sign... which (I believe) allows me to be OCD, controlling and at times demanding of perfection and order (Capricorn) but also free spirited, a visionary and easy going (Aquarius).

24. My husband (who is an Aquarius) won't necessarily agree with #23.

25. I have had three miscarriages.

26. I still want to have another baby.

27. I hate peanut butter and jam.

28. I like peanut butter.

29. I like jam.

30. I used to want to be Madonna.

31. I am happy that wish never came true!

32. I have four tattoos.

33. I've run a half marathon in the dark through the mountains.

34. I have an almost 5 year old golden retriever.

35. I've been married for 10 years to an amazing man (see #2)

36. I will be 36 on my next birthday.

37. I once played Charades in the Great Barrier Reef for over 30 minutes stumping everyone with my three word movie. Turns out it's called Reservoir Dogs (not Reservoir OF Dogs!)

38. I love pictures and I'd like to become a better photographer.

39. I had no surgeries until I turned 34, and have since had three.

40. I love to hike.

41. I've published one book called Youth, Crime, and Society: Issues of Power and Justice.

42. I'm going to write a book on Mothering.

42. I want to write children's books.

43. I'd love to be able to work full-time AND be with my children full-time (so if anyone has a strategy or magic duplication device, please do let me know!)

44. My favourite hockey player when I was growing up was Dave Babych (number 44, Winnipeg Jets).

45. I have Ukrainian heritage and I am neither fond of borshch (beet soup) nor Holubtsi (cabbage rolls, but before looking it up I thought it was as I remember it sounding, "holup-chi") and Pedehey is not "heaven on a plate" to me.

46. I've belonged to numerous workout facilities (gyms) with very interesting names - from Energy (or E2, as the second location was called) to Fit 'n Firm.

47. I haven't worn a watch since June 2006, but before that I always had one on.

48. B2 was almost born: at home, in an ambulance, in an elevator, ... in a hospital room. He actually arrived on a stretcher temporarily parked in the doorway between the hallway and the room we would subsequently stay in.

49. When I got married in 1999 I had 5 grandparents present (maternal grandparents, paternal grandparents, maternal great-grandmother), now only two remain (my Nana and my Grandma.

50. I love to sing and dance, but have always been self conscious of doing both.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Re #13: Don't forget all that time waiting on the platform at Shinjuku station, and the "love hotel"...

Jacey said...

Do I take my shoes off right here?