Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A, B, C, ...

The "I Can" statement for November in B1's Kindergarten class is "I can print the letters of the Alphabet in both upper and lower case." I thought he was doing really well with this until a story he shared today that goes a little something like this...

I didn't finish my workbook so I worked on it during "Centers." [Oh, so you finished it then?] No, I will be finished once I cut everything out. [Are other students not done yet?] No, everyone is finished. [So while you were working all the other kids were playing at Centers?] Yes. [Well, I guess it just took you a little longer this time]. Actually, there are lots of time I don't quite finish my work.... continues

So, here is my issue. FOCUS. FOCUS. FOCUS. How can I get him to do this? We have worked on printing a through d for the last - 75 minutes! D's are NOT done yet?!?!?!

Does this sound like a frustrated mother? [rhetorical]

Input and ideas from those Mothers further along in the parent of school age process. Please?

No comments: