Friday, November 21, 2008

Proud Mama

Yesterday was National Child Day, a day to honour and celebrate all children over the world. On November 20th 1989 the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child was born. I was so fortunate to be able to participate in an Assembly held at my son's school in recognition of what in our house has become known as 'all children matter' day. B1s Kindergarten class sang a song he and I co-wrote of the same name. It was absolutely thrilling to be able to get involved not directly as an academic or activist, but as a Mom. It will be a day I will never forget. Please reassure me that his 5 year old brain (which holds on amazingly to pieces of information from the past DOAD or I forget) will retain these special times!

I publicly promised to show him everyday how much he is loved. Now I am accountable beyond my own desire and devotion as a mother.

No comments: