Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I go away for a week and I get this reception... you get it everyday!"

DOAD is finally back! The title line is his!! The boys are really excited, "Watch this trick, Ok Dad?" It is so great to have my partner in parenting back where he belongs. While I missed him incredibly and am so happy to have someone else to share the responsibilities and day to day of raising two little boys with, I feel really good about being able to do it on my own. I really thoroughly enjoyed being the sole one the boys counted on for everything this past week. Don't get me wrong... there were times it drove me crazy.

Went running with a friend of mine today and shared some thoughts and frustrations about the challenges of encouraging them while at the same time respecting their limits (i.e. the things that get me 'crazy'). More on this soon...

No comments: