Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Parent-Student-Teacher Interviews... oh my!?

Today we have parent-student-teacher interviews for the first time for B1. It is really exciting to formally begin this "joint responsibility" in my child's learning. Who am I kidding?

To what extent are we really informed, engaged and fully aware of what happens in our child(ren)'s classrooms? We have 15 minutes allotted for our child. Do I have too many questions? Not the 'right' ones? What role does the student have in all this? If it is student led, then, after we are finished getting a Kindergartener's eye view of the classroom, will there only be 2-3 minutes left for my questions and concerns? Will I find out more about who my child is at school?

Will I walk away satisfied with my role in this so-called sharing initiative? Will my son? What of DOAD?

As you can see, I have more questions than answers on this one!

No comments: