Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Getting Along (Again)

Here is the mothering strategy list I mentioned in a previous post:

Be Polite
Be Respectful
Be Thoughtful
Be Friendly
Be Cooperative
Be Generous
Be Kind
Be Honest
Be Helpful
Be Cheerful

Of course, our modeling of politeness, respectfulness and thoughtfulness; friendly, cooperative, generous and kind actions, routine honesty and helpfulness should be enough?! If all that fails at least we are always, ALWAYS cheerful, right?

In all seriousness, I think as adults we continually struggle with the 'golden rule' of treating others how we wish to be treated. Hopefully I can instill in my boys the quest to live up to these (seemingly easy) prescriptions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The piece of this that I find the hardest is to maintain the tone of voice I want my daughters to use. In other words, to *sound* calm and patient and (relatively) cheerful, even when I'm disciplining them. Because I don't like it when they get all impatient and cranky, either.

Sigh.